We gave Doug, who’s not in the O&G business, a video to watch and interpret in his own words. Here’s what he came up with…
- (Saudi) Aramco is looking to do the world’s biggest IPO.
- Aramco is trying to diversify away from oil.
- No word yet if this “IPO Roadshow” will air online, on air or PayPerView only.
- The timeline for this IPO is pretty precise… “Anytime next year.”
- Aramco is also looking to invest $5 billion into renewable energy companies.
- I’m waiting for a mouse to start working its way thru the apparent maze over interviewee Matthew Martin’s left shoulder.
Some highlights… (click here to play video)
:01 –:20 – Long way to get to a simple question – “Why does Saudi Aramco need to issue a bond?”
:25 – “A lot of things on the cards…” – #MadeUpTerm
:56 – I do love the way a foreign accent says “process”. “Proh-cess.”
1:00 – “Preparing to be more transparent…” – means, not transparent at the moment.
1:50 – The pronunciation of “progress” gives me the same goosebumps as the pronunciation of “process”.