We gave Doug, who’s not in the O&G business, a video to watch and interpret in his own words. Here’s what he came up with…
- Interviewers from London don’t mess around.
- Equal is never equal in business mergers and Praxair has the upper hand over Linde AG in this one.
- Not sure Oliver Sachgua is a real name or person
- Crocs apparently makes round chairs now.
- I’m intrigued by a company that has headquarters in Danbury, Connecticut and Munich.
- No forced layoffs!!… Until 2022
- This merger makes this company the largest provider of Industrial gases.
- Are there anti-trust problems with the deal? Who knows? But say German and American owned long enough and it may be okay.
Some highlights… (click here to play video)
:08 – “Do I need to unlearn everything I’ve learned?” Said by an aloof British guy really cuts through.
:20 – Everything is equal unless it isn’t equal.
:42 thru 1:06 – Long winded way to say, no layoffs now, but wait until 2022.
:56 – Easy with the forced German pronunciation of “Wolfgang Buchele”.
2:12 – The guy in the back, after realizing he has too many computers, checks out – as Oliver has hit the snooze button on intriguing info – oh but there aren’t many big industrial gas providers left.
2:32 – Something about taking a look at anti-trust rules.