We gave Doug, who’s not in the O&G business, a video to watch and interpret in his own words. Here’s what he came up with…
- The 1.2 Million barrel a day cut by OPEC should lead to increased oil prices. In other astonishing news, 2 + 2 = 4.
- This deal with OPEC and NON-OPEC countries should aid the emergence of U.S shale gas in the future.
- Unreadable graphs make for a strong cut away when people are babbling incoherently.
- Proposed production cuts will insure the implementation of the program of the proposed cuts – This fact brought to you by The Department of Redundancy Department.
- $70 bucks a barrel is something no one really wants.
Some highlights… (click here to play video)
:01 – If this guest were any stiffer he’d be 6 feet under in a wooden box.
:07 – Hire this host to plug the “Suuurge!”. Natural moment for a promo.
:22 – The start of Mr. Bantis’s love of repetition becomes quite clear. #TakeABreathAndCalmDown
1:09 – Is this a graph or a sketch of the Himalayas?
1:30 – Why is our host holding a pen?
1:36 – This chart doesn’t even know what this chart is trying to convey.
1:50 – Regardless of how you feel about the guy, Apolstolos Bantis is a tremendous name.
2:07 – “The internal investors as well as the internal investors”… now his wisp of hair on his forehead is pissing me off. Sorry, A-Pol.
2:47 – The off camera “Yeah”, from an unseen woman must be an answer to someone asking her, “Is Apolstolos on the verge of a nervous breakdown?”
2:56 – Our Hong Kong correspondent would rather watch apple juice ferment than engage Mr. Bantis, but she’s a trooper.
3:22 Who were the empty chairs for on the B-Roll footage? #WastedFlowers
3:41 – “What happens in 2017?” – Answer from A-Pol. No idea. But something about shale and financial issues.