We gave Doug, who’s not in the O&G business, a video to watch and interpret in his own words. Here’s what he came up with…
- The price of oil fell. Oil and gas stocks rose. That didn’t happen in all of 2016.
- This is due to…
- Stuff oil companies are doing in Texas, Oklahoma and other places to cut the cost of drilling.
- No “cheating” in terms of production levels according to the OPEC agreement.
- Something a company called “Chapter 4 Investors” did with an EQT Corp. merger with a couple of companies that have “resources” in their names and numbers, synergy’s, shares, overlaps, filings and he lost me…
- Trump is a pro fossil fuel President… and Rex Tillerson.
- We should NOT let analysts talk us out of oil stocks or natural gas stocks!… Or else Cramer will keep pushing his cash register sound effect button.
- Cramer gives great non-advice advice to his callers, but regardless of their question tells them to put their money in MMP!
- The big takeaway is that Cramer wants to get out to San Fransisco soon.
Some highlights… (click here to play video)
:20 – The “Crude Oil” graphic looks like the title treatment for a show called “Crude Oil” airing on Spike TV.
:29 – Impressive hand gestures to suck us into the Cramer mystique.
:35 – Unnecessary “paper bag crumpling” sound effects begin as graphics unfold on screen.
:44 – Hard to not like a button that when pushed sounds like a bull/cow.
:46-:56 – If you’re a fan of mumbling, this is your sweet spot.
1:08 – Cramer does his version of the “oil company aloof name drop game.”
1:11-1:25 – Meaningless oil field B-Roll over Cramer’s shoulder.
1:40 – Is Cramer also running a sporting goods shop out of his set?
1:50- 2:56 – Overthinking why 0il and gas stocks will do well under Trump.
2:58 – “…but let’s not overthink this.”
3:32 – Good cash register sound effect. #OldSchool
3:35 – 4:39 – A couple of forced phone calls where Cramer gives no sound guidance aside from “buy MMP!” and invest in San Francisco?
4:50 to the end…If you want to get in touch with Mad Money, here are about 19 ways you can do so.